finally, i say, finally the harley davidson xr1000 engine had been put into one piece.
my friend and i tried to figure out why i couldnt achive specified tappet clearance, but we're still not sure what it was... anyway, to get a temporary solution, my friend made a special "adjustable-push rod" for my xr1000. done!
i think wear of rocker arm where the push rod is connected is the problem. so i just ordered a new sets. i probably get them sometime in march.
i put head-light, mirrors and everything back to the bike yesterday evening and went for a ride... just a mile. the engine was running okay. i'm still kinda uncomfortable running the bike without really knowing what was the problem causing the stupid tappet clearance, but...